Many people seem to think that World Showcase in Epcot is just for adults. That’s not true at all! In fact, each country in World Showcase has a special area dedicated just to the little ones. Kidcot Fun Stops give kids an opportunity to be creative and learn about the host country.
About Kidcot Fun Stops:
This free activity begins with a blank cardboard Duffy bear on a stick. As kids move from country to country, they’ll be able to decorate their bear while gathering country stamps on the stick. It’s kind of like a project and passport all in one. The challenge is to get all the way around World Showcase to collect all of the stamps.
Where to find Kidcot Fun Stops:
The Kidcot Fun Stops in each country can sometimes be as hard to find as a hidden Mickey. When we first started doing this activity with our kids, we remember wandering around looking for the next stop. Here is a handy list of where you can find each stop to help you save some time and energy.
How to make the most of your experience:
- Ask how to say hello in a new language
- Ask how to say a specific word in their language
- Have the cast member draw their country’s flag on the back (some do this without asking)
- Ask to have the cast member write their name in their language (This is a great idea in China, Japan and Morocco)
- Ask a question to learn more about their holidays, food, traditions etc.