In honor of Merida becoming the next official Disney princess, I wanted to share an idea for feeling like royalty at home. My daughter, Isabella and I like to throw a Princess tea party from time to time. It’s a great way to enjoy the royal treatment at home, and have some special mommy and me time.
It doesn’t take a lot of planning to throw a fabulous tea party, just follow these few easy steps.
1. Plan the Menu
Your tea party can be as simple or as complex as you wish. Some of our favorite offerings for our tea parties include:
- Tea sandwiches- make your favorite kind of sandwiches, then use cookie cutters to cut them into fun shapes
- Scones and muffins- these can be homemade or store bought
- Fruit- we like putting ours on sticks
- Cookies- thumbprint or tarts are some of the types we like to serve
- Tea- for kids, I serve a fruit flavored decaffeinated tea. You could also serve warm apple juice or even hot cocoa
|From Isabella’s Princess Tea Birthday Party|
Or you could wear fancy hats if you’d like to go with a more British/Mary Poppins theme.
|Mary Poppins Family Theme Night|
You could also have some at home mani and pedi time before your tea. It is a royal tea party, of course, so you want to look your best.
I hope we have inspired you throw your own royal Princess tea party at home. Now remember, pinkies up!