|Our kids Meeting Mickey and Minnie at the Town Square Theater, Magic Kingdom, 2012.|
Two of our favorite ways to meet characters is by using the Meet and Greet areas, and by scheduling some Disney Character Dining! For this post, we’re going to concentrate on Meet and Greet opportunities at the parks, but if you want to read about our favorite Character Dining experiences, click here!
|The old days of the Character “Free For All”.|
Apps and other guides
Our Top Character Meet and Greets
Town Square Theater on Main Street, USA – Magic Kingdom
EPCOT Character Spot
The Magic of Disney Animation – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Camp Minnie Mickey – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Town Square right after park opening
Disney Visa Character Meet
Characters in their Element
Another great way to meet characters is finding them in their “home”. There’s extra magic in being immersed in their story when you meet them. Some of our favorites are:
- Ariel in Ariel’s Grotto
- Tinkerbell and Fairies in Pixie Hollow
- Buzz and Woody in Pixar Place
- World Showcase Countries: stroll around from country to country to find various characters in their home.
- Adventurers Outpost
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope
- Russell and Dug on Discovery Island
- Gaston near Gaston’s Tavern
- Belle at Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Mike and Sulley from Monsters University
Tips for Meeting Characters:
- Use FastPass if it’s offered to cut down your wait time
- Have cameras, PhotoPass cards, autograph books, and pens out and ready to maximize your time with characters and lessen the wait for others.
- Be talkative! Even if the characters can’t talk back, that doesn’t mean they won’t respond at all! Chat up the characters! Ask questions or tell them if you’re celebrating something!
- Be polite!
- Make use of PhotoPass photographers! It’s free to have them take your picture!
- Get the Adults involved as well!
- Have CMs get pictures of your whole party with your camera!
- Get creative with your poses!
- Be on the lookout for PhotoPass photographers and Character Handlers around the park. If you see these folks standing around for no reason, it could mean that some characters are on their way! Ask them if any characters are coming and be one of the first guests in line!
- Get creative with autographs! Characters can sign all sorts of items, not just autograph books!
Where is your favorite character greeting? Who’s your favorite character to meet? Got any good tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!
While you’re here, be sure to leave a comment to let us know you’ve stopped by! You can also use the mickey head links below to Like us, Follow us, Email us, and Subscribe to us!