Thanksgiving is just around the corner. If you are lucky enough to be spending it in Walt Disney World, then you are going to want some suggestions for feasting on Turkey Day. Since no two diners are the same and tastes vary from person to person, we’ve come up with suggestions for three different types of eaters. Whether you want something traditional, something fast or something out of the box, you’ll be able to find just what you are looking for at Walt Disney World.
Thanksgiving just isn’t Thanksgiving without turkey and all the fixings. Some Walt Disney World restaurants will offer the traditional meal on Thanksgiving. But if you’re looking for traditional and historic, we highly suggest Liberty Tree Tavern.
We recently did a review of our experience there. On Thanksgiving, they offer both traditional lunch and dinner complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and their famous Jonny Appleseed cake.
Other suggestions for a traditional Thanksgiving meal include:
- Raglan Road at Downtown Disney
- Mickey’s Backyard Thanksgiving Feast and Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
The On the Goer
You’re on vacation! You don’t have time for a relaxing meal. Thankfully, you can get all the flavors of Thanksgiving by picking up some snacks in the park.
Here’s what you can get:
- Turkey Leg: Can be found in a variety of places through out the resort including Frontierland in Magic Kingdom Park and Trilo-Bites in Animal Kingdom Park
- Bucket of Popcorn: A nod to the corn brought to the first Thanksgiving, but more fun! Found at many kiosk in every park.
- LeFou’s Brew: Head to Gaston’s Tavern and pick up one of these appley sweet drinks. You won’t even miss the apple pie. And because it’s a holiday, get it in a souvenir mug.
Turkey just doesn’t cut it for you. You want to have a nice meal on Thanksgiving, but not the usual cookie cutter meal.
While most Walt Disney World restaurants will be converting over to a traditional menu, some will still offer their usual menu or specialties in addition to the Thanksgiving menu. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary, there are plenty of restaurants offering unique tastes.
- Teppan Edo: Eat great food and be entertained, all while sitting at a large table of family, friends, and possibly complete strangers!!
- Paradiso 37: Sample tastes of the Americas on Thanksgiving.
- 50s Prime Time Cafe: You may not be eating turkey, but it will feel like Thanksgiving when you’re told to keep your elbows off the table!
- ‘Ohana: ‘Ohana means family, so what better place to be with yours on Thanksgiving