Today our family is finally heading to the theaters to see Big Hero 6. It’s been a busy holiday season, but the kids have been begging us to go since the movie hit theaters on November 7th.
To celebrate the movie’s release a few weeks back, I whipped up a sweet treat based on Baymax, the lovable health robot turned hero. While he may not be too happy with the sugary ingredients used to make this treat, he will like that it pays homage not only to him, but to the setting of the film, San Fransokyo.
Big Hero 6 takes place in the fictional city of San Fransokyo. When hearing the city’s name, for some reason, I immediately thought of sushi. I knew my kids would not be down for snacking on fish sushi, but I did know they would love candy sushi. This is a treat I’ve made for them before, but this time it will have a Baymax spin.
To make San Fransokyo Sushi you will need:
- Rice Krispies
- Mini marshmallows
- Fruit Roll-ups- Strawberry and one other flavor
- large marshmallows
- black food writing pen
- Sweedish Fish
For the Baymax Roll:
2. Roll out one strawberry fruit roll up, stretching it slightly to make more of a rectangle shape.
4. Place a row of large marshmallows on top.
5. Roll the fruit roll up, tucking and squeezing as you roll.
6. Cut the sushi between the marshmallows with a sharp knife. You may need to reshape each individual piece after you cut it.
7. Use the food marker to draw Baymax’s face.
For the Sweedish Fish pieces:
You’ll be able to get 4 Baymax sushi piece per fruit roll up.
This treat is so easy, your kids can help you make it. They’re perfect for a movie snack or even a Big Hero 6 themed birthday party.