Welcome to the final stop on Magical Blogorail Peach. Today we are discussing aquariums that your family needs to visit.
We’ve been to a few aquariums over the years, and the one that really stands out is the New England Aquarium in Boston, Massachusetts. We think it’s a perfect place to spend a day for some family fun!
The New England Aquarium is located along the historic waterfront area of downtown Boston. With so much to see and do in this area, a visit to the Aquarium can easily be made as a part of a family weekend getaway, like we did.
The aquarium looks huge from the outside, but you don’t really understand just how big it is until you walk through the doors and see what’s going on inside.
Right in the middle is a giant vertical tank with a walkway that spirals around it, allowing visitors to view it at different levels. The Giant Ocean Tank, as it’s called, holds 200,000 gallons of water and features a coral reef environment with over 1,000 different animals inside!
They even have a live webcam of the tank!
The Giant Ocean Tank is so big, it was built first, and then the rest of aquarium was built around it.
In addition to the tank, the aquarium has some really cool exhibits.
- Penguin Exhibit
- Blue Planet Action Center with Shark and Lobster Nurseries
- Coral Reef Center
- Atlantic Harbor Seals
- Amazon Rainforest
- Shark and Ray Touch Tank
- Edge of the Sea Touch Tank
- and more…
Here is the map of our Blogorail Peach | Family Adventure : Aquariums
- 1st Stop – Ashley Aspires | Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- 2nd Stop – Heidi’s Head | SeaWorld Orlando
- 3rd Stop – The Delightful Life | Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium
- 4th Stop – Saving Up for Disney | SeaWorld San Diego
- 5th Stop – Adventures in Familyhood | New England Aquarium