One of the best snacks you can find at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the Carrot Cake Cookie. Even though it’s former home, The Writer’s Stop, is no longer there, you can still find this sweet treat at Sweet Spells.
Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Teal Loop. Today we are sharing Disney inspired desserts you can make at home.
The Carrot Cake Cookie is affectionately known as “the miracle cookie” in my family. While you’ll feel like you’re in heaven when you taste it, the cookie was actually nicknamed for for its healing powers.
The Miraculous Carrot Cake Cookie
A few summers ago, we were having a not so magical morning at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Without giving too many details it involved a child who was “not feeling so well”, a lost cell phone (which was later found under said “sick” kid) and a rained-out Jedi training event. All morning long Jackson was convalescing in his stroller. We debated leaving, but decided to make a quick trip to The Writer’s Stop before making our decision. It had been on my Disney food bucket list to try the famous Carrot Cake Cookie. As soon as I came out of the store with the cookie, Jackson immediately rose from his laying down position. His nose immediately sensed that something delicious was nearby. As a went in to try it, his little face was in mine, begging me for a bite. One bite of this delicious cookie and he all of a sudden felt better. In fact, he ended up eating most of it. Miracle!
Is it Cake or a Cookie?
The best way to describe the Carrot Cake Cookie is that it’s very similar to a whoopie pie. Two carrot cake cookies are nestled around a generous layer of cream cheese frosting. Each cookie is loaded with plump golden raisins and visible trails of fresh carrots. The cookies are moist, almost cake-like, but hold their shape very well. The sweet creamy frosting balances the spice of the cookies. This treat is especially good paired with a good cup of coffee.
If you haven’t tried the Carrot Cake Cookie, or are craving one, like me, you can easily whip up a batch of these miraculous wonders at home. I chose to use a box carrot cake mix for my version. I made it special by adding in some fresh carrot and golden raisins. You can also make the cake mix from scratch if you wish.
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
- For the cookies:
- Box of Carrot Cake Mix
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ golden raisins
- For the Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare mix according to box directions. Fold in shredded carrots and raisins.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Lightly spray with cooking spray. (You could also use a whoopie pie pan.)
- Make cookies by scooping about ¼ cup of mix onto the parchment or into the pan.
- Bake according to box directions (about 14 minutes)
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting. Whip the cream cheese and butter together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add in vanilla. Mix in confectioner’s sugar a little at a time. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Let cookies cool completely. Spread a generous amount of frosting on the flat end of one cookie. Sandwich two cookies together to complete.
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Blogorail Teal | Disney Inspired Desserts
- 1st Stop – Heidi’s Head | Be Our Guest! We’re Serving The Grey Stuff!
- 2nd Stop – Love Our Crazy Life | Make Your Own Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars
- 3rd Stop – Adventures in Familyhood | Disney’s Famous Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe